"We retire too early and we die too young, our prime of life should be in the 70’s and old age should not come until we are almost 100. " Joseph Pilates
Mommy here and I promise this is not turning into a Fletcher Pilates Blog! I just have to share a photo of an amazing woman that truly inspires me. Joyce Knapick is a retired ballet dancer and master teacher. She was accepted into the Fletcher Pilates Program of Study at the age of 70, which is where our paths crossed. Upon learning her background, I immediately figured she would find me annoying, since I have absolutely no dance training. I assumed I sealed the deal on our first "Exploration of Movement" lab. Joyce was gracefully dancing around the room and there I was with giggles and robotic moves! I am sure my excessive talking bothers her at times, but she has become a great mentor and inspiration. We have been working out 3-5 hours a day, 6 days a week. When I think that I can't possibly move anymore, I look at Joyce moving right there with us. At 70!!!! That is why I LOVE Pilates and what is stands for! MIND, BODY and SPIRIT all working together! Age is just a number. I am constantly amazed and grateful at the people God puts in my path...I can only hope some day I will be a 70-year-young woman, in my prime, on the Cadillac and thinking about my friend from the Fletcher Program of Study.

No comments:
Post a Comment